May 29, 2013

Dish cloths

A staple of my gift-giving are dish cloths.  I have found a really great pattern that I enjoy making for a thick dishcloth that has lots of grooves so it can pick up lots of stuff while wiping counters or cleaning the dishes.  They are quick and easy to whip up.  I always use 100% cotton to make these.  I have made a whole bunch of them to add to a present or wrap up three together for a present.
The below picture was an earlier dish cloth that I tried.  I really liked the little bobbles but the construction did not make a very stretchy dishcloth.  Also using light colours made it look tired and dirty after a few uses. 
 
Keep on hooking!  :)
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I love these dishcloths! We replaced all of our old ones with these crocheted ones. I find they wash really well to (but agree with you re: the light- coloured ones).

    ReplyDelete